No Scripting. No Software. Just Testing.
No need to set up or script before running your test. You Just Test.
Download the chrome extension here.
The extension records all of the HTTP/S requests made by your browser.
- Record/FollowMe toggle bar - Lets you choose between these two modes:
- FollowMe - The patent pending technology which eliminates the need for scripting. Simply browse your site and a swarm of virtual users will follow your actions.
- Record - Creates a JMeter script and automatically uploads it to BlazeMeter, where you can execute it with a single click, or export it as a JMeter .jmx file.
- Sign Up - Will appear if you are not logged into your BlazeMeter account. You can sign up for a free plan.
- Log In - Will appear if you are not logged into your BlazeMeter account. Log into your account to increase FollowMe max concurrent users based on your BlazeMeter plan.
- Test name field - Insert your test name here Testing buttons:
- Play - Click this button to start your test (after selecting your settings).
- Stop - Stop your test Pause - Pause your test
- View Reports - View the reports in your BlazeMeter account
- Reset all Options - Go back to the default options
- Concurrency - Set the number of concurrent users you would like to be followed by. The number of concurrent users depends on the terms of your BlazeMeter plan. The number you set is the maximum number you will be able to run during the test.
- Load Origin - Where do you want your followers to come from? Our load servers are set around the world so you can simulate the most relevant traffic according to your needs.
- User Agent - Select your followers’ user agent. You can choose any mobile device or web browser.
- Single Domain to Follow (FollowMe Mode Only) - Enter the domain you’re testing. This will ensure your followers won’t be sent to irrelevant domains.
- Include Filter Pattern (Record Mode Only) - By default, we don't filter the requests included in the recording. However, by modifying the regular expressions in this field, you can change which requests your browser will include. Only requests which match the patterns will be included (i.e. you can ensure that you only include requests to one domain.) Check out Google's guide to creating these filter patterns. This field is very important as you probably don't want to record your Gmail, Facebook or even BlazeMeter traffic. If you forgot to set this field, DON'T WORRY. You will be presented with the option to select which domains to include and to exclude before the test actually runs.
- Disable Browser Cache - Setting this option will disable the browser cache during the recording. This option is very important as cached objects are not recorded.
- Record Cookies - This option enables you to record cookies that are used as part of the recorded traffic. The value of the recorded cookies will be used as the default value for the cookie manager that will be added to the script.
- Edit Settings Before Running (Record Mode Only) - Setting this option will enable you to change the test settings before running. Through the BlazeMeter interface you can control properties like ramp up time, test duration, load distribution between engines and much more.
- Once installed, click the BlazeMeter icon on your chrome browser.
- If your browser isn’t logged into your BlazeMeter account, click Login. If you don’t have an account, simply register for a free BlazeMeter account
- Move the slider from Record to Follow Me.
- Give your test a name.
- Set the number of concurrent users you’d like to be followed by. The maximum number of concurrent users available depends on your BlazeMeter plan.
- Choose the origin of your simulated users.
- Choose the user agent, select any mobile or web agent.
- Insert the domain name you’d like to follow - as FollowMe will follow only one domain
- Click the play button and the magic begins. It takes around two minutes until the load engines start running. When in stand by, the BlazeMeter icon will blink. When recording it will turn red.
- Once ready, just start browsing. And check it out - you’re being followed by a virtual crowd!
- You can adjust the number of followers on the fly. You can also pause and resume your test at will.
- Once you’ve finished your browsing, click stop.
- Your reports are ready, simply click the ‘View Reports’ button.
- If needed, you can export a JMeter .jmx file of the test you have just ran. Just click the ‘export jmx’ button.